Enquiries: Work Experience, Internships, PhD programmes
We are delighted to have many people interested in working with us, with many joining us from around the work on short and long term research projects including Masters and PhD Docterate programmes. please read the information below to find out more
Generally your CV/Resume with academic details (such as you would find in a transcript) is a good starting point for us to get to know you better and see if we can find a good project match with your skills base.
Please keep the following in mind before contacting us
Enrollment in a PhD, Masters by research programmes
We are always on the look out for talented people interested in undertaking a PhD with us on a variety of topics. In order to gain a place in the PhD program you need to meet the following requirements.
- For overseas students you need Satisfactory English as determined by a high level of IELTS
- Have completed a research project in your undergraduate degree or masters degree which was not less than 35% of one year full time study at your university.
- Have an academic member of staff at Griffith University prepared to accept you as a research student*
- A one page project outline with time lines (we can help developp this)
- Evidence of financial resources to study in Australia for three years (For overseas applicants only)
- A valid passport with student visa for Australia, if you are accepted into the programme this can be applied for
- Two academic referee’s reports.
The formal application process is found here
If you have your own scholarship and a little cash, then you have covered point 5.
Alternatively there is a living allowance scholarship round, the submission deadline is 30 October each year. In general if you have a first class honors (minimum of 2a is required for entry) or equivalent you will qualify for direct entry and have a good chance at applying for a scholarship in the October round. If you have published in peer reviewed journals this can also boost your ranking.
Tuition scholarships are also available for international students but are quite competative. Fee details can be found here
Internships, Visiting researchers
We are delighted to consider aplications for visiting internships, sabbitical leave and collabrative opportunities. In general we are unable to provide accomodation or fund living expenses. We prefer people are almost at graduate level with a placement term of around 6months. While we can assist the VISA process many find it easier to come heer on a holiday or working holiday VISA arranged in their own country.
We are Brisbane based and we accept students from time to time, they are generally currently undertaking a degree. We are unable to advise on work experience at other locations sorry.
Accomodation options and information are available on http://www.griffith.edu.au/off-campus-accommodation. We are based at the Nathan campus (the Mt Gravatt campus is very close by, you may also consider inner city Brisbane for accomodation as we are well serviced by busses being just 10kms south of the city centre (do not arrange gold coast accomodation))
Sports Engineering graduate students programmes
See our sports engineering dergreesD